NATO WAR IN YUGOSLAVIA -
HUMANITYS DEATH KNELL?
Declaration by the Group for International
Solidarity, Peace and Security, and for the Revival of the United Nations Charter
- The NATO war in Yugoslavia - now in its fourth week- is sounding a dire warning to
people everywhere - "HUMANITY": WILL HUMANITY CHOOSE LIFE OR DEATH?
- The war machine has been dragged out of its cold dark tomb again. The "war
game" has been repackaged and is bombarding the consciousness of people everywhere
- Propaganda for war, stirring up human emotions against the "enemy" and for the
"glory" of destruction and "victory" at any price ... Is humanity
going to allow itself to be led down this insane, deadly path again?
- Has it been "forgotten" (in the frenzy of the battle hysteria) that humans are
rational, thinking beings who can analyze and discuss together to solve problems, and not
mindless creatures ruled by their base instincts?
- If humanity "buys" this "war game package," it is making war a
legitimate part of the agenda for the new millennium: might is right - anywhere, anytime,
against any chosen victim -, hell on earth is inaugurated, with humanitys consent.
- The NATO war in Yugoslavia is a Life and Death Test for humanity. It is an
opportunity for humanity to choose the way that it will take into the future. It can
choose the war agenda (death) or it can choose life. The life choice calls on people to
wake up from the war nightmare; to open the windows of the darkened war room; to let in
the cold, clear light of commonsense and, inhaling the invigorating fresh air of free
will, address, united, with one voice, the following two demands to their governments:
FIRST, THAT THE WAR IN YUGOSLAVIA STOP IMMEDIATELY, AND THAT THE PARTIES INVOLVED GO
TO A DISCUSSION TABLE AND RESOLVE THEIR PROBLEMS;
SECOND, THAT THE RECOURSE TO WAR BE ABSOLUTELY REJECTED AND FORBIDDEN ONCE AND
FOR ALL IN THE NAME OF THE WORLDS PEOPLE.
- Can humanity save itself from enslavement by the war machine and its cruel imposition of
fear, poverty, chaos and death? Can humanity prevent the total annihilation of all life on
Yes, it can. But there is only one way: by people everywhere putting aside their
diversities and standing UNITED in solidarity in this common task. Only united. The time
is very short.
12 April 1999